Here are some facts and figures we found interesting about online video for 2014 –
1. Following an increase of 83.4% in UK digital video ad spend in the publishing sector during 2013, further strong growth in this format is forecast continue into 2014, when it’s set to rise 70.8%.
2. 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide say that video has the best ROI.
3. Roughly half of marketers who use video in email campaigns see increased click-through rates, increased time spent reading the email, increased sharing and forwarding and the opt-outs can be reduced by as much as 75%.
4. Retail site visitors who view video stay two minutes longer on average and are 64% more likely to purchase than other shoppers.
5. 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in their online purchase decisions. When a video is information-intensive, 66% of consumers will watch the video two or more times.
6. Videos that are 15 seconds or shorter are shared 37% more often than those that last between 30 seconds and 1 minute.
7. iPad users tend to watch a video up to 5 minutes long.
8. Mobile and tablet shoppers are three times as likely to view a video as laptop or desktop users.
9. Video attracts 2-3x as many monthly visitors, doubles the time on site, and has a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines.
10. The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video.
11. Each day 100 million internet users watch an online video.
12. 75% of executives watch work related videos on business websites at least once a week.
13. A third of all online activity is spent watching video.
14. Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text.
15. Online video production will account for more than one-third of all online advertising spending within the next five years.
These figures have been pulled together from a range of organisations, including – COMSCORE, eMarketer, Internet Retailer, NDP, Borrell Associates and Invodo.
Will (Jan 2014)