Video Production for Internal Communications
October 21st 2013
In the last couple of months we have been working on some internal communication videos so I thought I’d share my top 5 reasons for using video in your internal communications –
1. If you are a managing director of a national or international company, it is probably impossible or very expensive for you to regularly meet all of your workforce. A video is a fantastic substitute compared to a written report or a local manager delivering a message on your behalf. This is because the workforce can see and hear you which makes your message much more personal and therefore increases credibility and trust.
2. If you are replying to a tender, a video can add life to your application. It can do this by catching the attention of the viewer and therefore standing out from the crowd if you are the only company to have submitted a video. A video can explain services and process much more clearly than text, whether it’s through the use of video or animation. But perhaps the most important thing is that the company can meet you and get a good sense of who you and your organisation are before hopefully meeting you in person.
3. Video training can streamline your training needs and increase productivity within an organisation because it makes it more accessible by enabling employees to access it at any time. This could include health and safety videos, induction videos for new employees, changes in legislation that might have an effect on the business and changes within the marketplace. There are many video hosting services that can provide in-depth reporting so you can keep track of who has and hasn’t viewed the material.
4. If you are a particularly technical company then video could be perfect for a frequently asked questions page/area. Imagine if an employee needed to find something out and the person in the know was busy, wouldn’t it be great if the stuck employee could log in to a video library and find the answer for themselves. This could also be useful for your external clients by improving your after-sales customer service.
5. TIME! Everyone in business wants to save time as time is money. Video can communicate in seconds what might have taken 1..2…3 pages of A4 to write and video could remove the need for some meetings, saving multiple people time and energy.
I hope this has been helpful and if you would like to find out more about how video could help your organisation please get in touch with Will or Andy on 01273 911345 or email us.